Tigé Announces MyWake Global Challenge Winners for July,
Field Set With Top Pros for Live Finals Sept. 10-11
Pro Wakeboard Tour Rookie Standout Daniel Powers Claims Spot in Live Finals with First-Place Video
Orlando, Fla. — Tigé has announced the final installment of monthly winners for the first-of-its-kind MyWake Global Challenge. Using a revolutionary new format that leverages the borderless virtual landscape of the internet, the world’s best wakeboarders, wakeskaters and wakesurfers submitted their very best run online via mywake.tige.com during the May 1 – July 31 contest window. Monthly winners, based on their division, were awarded with cash prizes and an invite to the live two-day final competition in Orlando on Sept. 10-11.
Leading a stacked field of entrants in July was 2012 Pro Tour rookie sensation Daniel Powers, who claimed first place in the Pro Men’s Wakeboard division. The win reserves a coveted spot for Powers in the Tigé MyWake Global Challenge live finals, where he will go head-to-head against some of the sport’s biggest names including Harley Clifford and Rusty Malinoski.
Top professional videos for the month also came from Raquel Hoffman (Pro Women), Josh Twelker (Junior Pro Men), Dieter Humpsch (Pro Wakeskate) and Taylor McCullough (Pro Women Wakeskate). All four riders will join Powers, as well as the May and June Pro winners in their respective divisions, for an all-out podium battle at September’s live final event.
The complete list of July winners includes:
• Daniel Powers (Pro Men Wakeboard)
• Raquel Hoffman (Pro Women Wakeboard)
• Josh Twelker (Junior Pro Men Wakeboard)
• Matt Vermillion (Masters Men Wakeboard)
• Curt Bernstein (Amateur Men Wakeboard)
• Anna Blelen (Amateur Women Wakeboard)
• Taylor Van Haastrecht (Amateur Junior Men Wakeboard)
• Shelby King (Amateur Junior Women)
• Josh Smith (Boys Wakeboard)
• Olivia Pease (Girls Wakeboard)
• Dieter Humpsch (Pro Wakeskate)
• Taylor McCullough (Pro Women Wakeskate)
• David Lollar (Amateur Wakeskate)
• Taylor McGarry (Amateur Women Wakesurf)
• Jackie Costa (Amateur Women Skim)
• Zane Montgomery (Amateur Men Wakesurf)
• Ellis Fort (Amateur Men Skim)
• Scott Culp (Maters Men Wakesurf)
• Brett Smith (Juniors Wakesurf)
• Ryan Fair (Open Men’s Skim)
• James Walker (Open Men’s Wakesurf)
• Jaqualine Fort (Open Women Skim)
• Ashley Kidd (Open Women’s Wakesurf)
All monthly winners from the pro divisions will converge on Orlando to battle it out during a live two-day finals to determine the first-ever Tigé MyWake Global Challenge winners. The live event is free and open to the public and will take place Sept. 10-11 at Buena Vista Watersports in Orlando, Fla. The live finale will bring together top professional riders from pro divisions of the three sports in a pro-am style contest to determine who claims the top podium spots based upon their riding behind the new and innovative Tigé Z3.
“We’d like to thank everyone who submitted videos for the inaugural Tigé MyWake Global Challenge,” said Tigé Director of Marketing, Daniel Gutierrez. “The monthly winners included some of the sport’s biggest names in their respective divisions and has set the stage for an epic live event in Orlando next month. We invite everyone to check out this unique event in person and witness what promises to be some insane riding.”
Recognizing the game-changing format of the MyWake Global Challenge, PCM Engines upped the ante of the contest and doubled all Tigé prize money for the monthly winners. With the matched money from PCM Engines, overall prizes for the online and live portions of the contest are more than $35,000.